Wednesday, January 7, 2009
We started our trip out a little late (ok maybe a lot late) I was not feeling very well and could not get my mind started so Daddy had to do most of the packing and stuff. We left the Loch about 4pm as soon as we hit the highway I was hungry and thirsty, I held off until Columbia then we missed the exit, found another could not fit in the parking lot could not find diesel. All was going as expected.....it was a Terry and Suz's adventure. We pulled up alongside Steak and Shake found some diesel and only spent about an hour doing so. We continued on Daddy deciding he was not tired so we kept driving.....I climbed into the back and got my legs up. Muffin climbed to the front and kept Daddy company. We drove until it was too late to set up the camper and so we just kept going. At the first light of day we found a Waffle house (scattered, covered, smothered and delicious) I drove after that and Daddy climbed in the back to rest. As we got closer to the campground we were really wondering what we had gotten into this time. Okeechobee is in the middle of nowhere Florida. We are seeing cattle grazing among the palm trees. It is reallly a different look.
As we pulled into the Campground we were reallly surprised.....we were told that the sites were far apart and private. Haha it was a joke we just did not understand....the campers are right next to each other....in long lines. Not what we are used to nor what we were expecting. We were both too tired to go anywhere else, so we pulled on in (actually Daddy got a different spot than we were registered for). We are now on the waterfront, which means we are next to the small bit a water running on one side of the campground. The wording is always so tricky when choosing a vacation spot.
We have decided to settle in and try this spot for a while, hopefullly it will get better (or we will get used to it) and we will enjoy this spot.
I will attach some photos to show you what I am talking about. Our neighbor to the North was all decorated for the Holidays. She won the contest and says she just loves decorating for all the holidays. She also has a flower display in the back of her Camper that we get to see whenever we are outside. Of course she is the only person in the Campground that decorated behind her unit.
We are actuallly enjoying the warm weather and sitting outside enjoying the sun.
The truck has been leaking fuel since we got it serviced for the trip so that was repaired today. I think we will go to the ocean tomorrow. We are close to Port Lucie so that will be fun I am planning on staying for dinner (we now eat at 5, like all the other people here) and then get back before it is too late.
The camper is working out really well for us. I am going to set up my sewing machine tomorrow and will hopefully be able to finish a quilt I have started.
Talk to you all soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hi huney
ReplyDelete